Friday, September 07, 2007

Trip to ID Home and School has already started!

We went to see my mom for a few days and it sure wasn't long enough! But you take what you can get and enjoy what you have :) We had an awesome time visiting my mom and the boys had a few huge breakthroughs! They both overcame their dog anxiety and by the time we went home Jake was letting Trevor lick him, and Max also allowed Trevor to lick him. Since we have come home both of them are handling our dogs better. I actually caught Max petting Rocky today LOL. He was startled that I saw but I just ignored it and pretended I didn't see :D It was so nice to see my mom and Boppa (the kids call them Nana and Boppa)

All 3 older kids went back to school this week and had a really solid first week. Good reports all around. I think Jake will be much happier in the SPED classroom. They have 2 teachers (1 part time) and 2 full time aides and 2 part time aides. I think it will be a good year.

Today I met Nick's K teacher. He has a male teacher who is brand new to teaching- student teaching and subbing a year up to this point. He seems nice and the class is set up very well. I hope he doesn't have too inflated expectations for K though, boys 5-6 are not the best at following directions and he seems a bit perfectionistic to me. We will see how it goes. I would have preferred the other teacher but Nick knows a lot of kids in this class from the Y so he should be pretty happy with that.

I start classes on 25th. Not much longer until I go get my books!

No comments: