Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Exhausted!

Wow tuesdays are really long. Tomorrow I have no classes. So I'll play catch up on the house, and read a lot of chapters, and try to get some rest.

I have 10 chapters to read by next monday, and quite a few assignments to do this month. We got our temporary id cards, and we are learning to take vital signs this week. I am struggling to do blood pressure but I think I got closer to getting it right today. I plan on practicing A LOT this week. We will be checked off on it next week and can only miss one of the checkoffs to pass the course. Lab is pass/fail so I am putting the skills in lab as my top priority.

This week I also ran for the position of class historian. The OHSU chapter of the Student Nurse Association holds elections for 2 class liasons and one class historian. I was the only person running for class historian so it is likely I got the position unless there was a write in :) I am excited because there is a way to do a yearbook, and they have several cameras so we can take pictures throughout the year to include on a cd as well as in the yearbook. I attended my first SNA meeting today and it was fun. There is a conference in November, but I'll have to wait until next year to go as it will conflict with our schedule this fall. I know two of the members of the SNA as I had classes with them a two years ago.

At the end of the month the SNA will be hosting a social to introduce us to our "buddies" (juniors or seniors who have volunteered to be available to us for support)

The kids are coping well, DH is doing well with his job. Life is good even when I'm tired :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Easy does it. 20 minutes twice a day--that's the formula. That level of profound rest is all you will need to take it as it comes.