Sunday, March 16, 2008

I just remembered something important!

When I was a child I would break out in a rash every time my skin touched grass! I had contact dermatitis to grass itself, not just the pollen. It would itch horribly and have red welts. So I must have had this tendency from childhood. Everyone thought it was the strangest thing and often didn't believe it was from the grass. Well....seems like more than a coincidence to me! I'm going to mention it to the dermatologist and my allergist. And then I'm going hire someone to get rid of the GRASS!!!

1 comment:

Natalie Neal-Whitefield said...

Yes, that's true. We always had to keep you off the grass. Bee stings, too. You had a bad reaction like your grandmother, only not as bad. She would go into anaphylactic shock ! I remember when you were stung by a yellow jacket and your arm became so swollen I was afraid the skin would burst. The Dr.told me to give you a teaspoon of benadryl cough syrup; the swelling eventually went down, but it took some time before your arm went back to its normal size.

There is probably an inherited component as well---all of those red heads with sensitive skin.

Rest as much as you can.
We love you, Becca.