Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring Break!

I took my Anatomy and Physiology Final at 7:30 am today. I think I did pretty well on it! Whatever the outcome I know I did my best and that is all I can ask of myself. Physically I'm feeling pretty good today. Still not very itchy which is a good sign. I went to my regular Dr on the advice of my dermatologist to do a cancer screening. The meds I'm on are ones that depress the immune system cells that fight cancer, so obviously it's necessary to rule that out just in case. About 20% of BP patients have some underlying cancer. This isn't alarming when you look at the age most people are with this disorder 60-80 yrs of age. So I am not letting it scare me, just taking the sensible precaution of having myself checked out. My Dr is having me get a mammogram which I needed anyhow at 36 as a baseline for the future, and a CT scan of my abdomen and pelvis. I will do tha CT scan next Wednesday. I have to schedule my mammogram on my own and will call that in on Monday. I was going to do that today...but I took a nice unexpected nap instead :) I never do that but I guess I needed it! It was very nice!

No comments: