Thursday, June 09, 2005

June 9, 2005

Epiphany! Today I worked on my homework. One of the q's was "If you had to pick something right now what would you say is your calling?" I thought about it, and just couldn't narrow it down to just one thing. I wrote :
Writing, History, Science
The feedback I got was that I was thinking too much, filtering my answer in the process. Which is partially true. I thought about it for a bit, chewed over a few things, re-read it again. Then started thinking about all the things I've done where I felt a sense of flow, and what did these 3 things have in common. Then the answer popped into my head!

My calling is RESEARCH! I love to learn new things and pass that information on to those who can learn from it or use it. I want to provide informaton that helps others do their work better and that contributes to the general body of knowledge. I will have to think about this more, but it's a start :)

Today was the last day of school and a half day. I had an IEP meeting at the middle school for my older son, and that went smoothly. I really like his teacher already!

No comments: